Sunday, May 29, 2011

GRAPHIC 2011 at the Sydney Opera House



GRAPHIC is happening once again at the Sydney Opera House on Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 August 2011. The year's line up includes Robert Crumb, Scott McCloud, Jim Woodring, Peter Kuper, Reg Mombassa and a host of other fabulous overseas and Australian comics and animation talent. The program includes talks, workshops, screenings, performances, a games festival and, of course, the annual comics animation competition where you can win $20,000. I've bought my tickets and Jozef's in the process of buying his – "Understanding Comics with Scott McCloud" is at the top of his list. I'll be going to the the "OzComics Show and Tell" panel, "Altered States" panel, "Scott McCloud" masterclass, "Wordless Storytelling", "Silent Comics: Original Live Scores" and "In Conversation with Robert Crumb". This happens two days after I return from the World Mermaid Awards at Las Vegas so I'll be knackered but in my comics and graphic novels element. For the full program, go to the Sydney Opera House GRAPHIC website. To read our blog report on last year's event CLICK HERE. This is a highly recommended event.

No comments: