Friday, July 31, 2009

Jozef's Artwork Posted on a Blog Without Permission or Credit [UPDATED: 3/8/09]

One of my artworks has been posted uncredited on this blog: http://tresfabsweetie.blogspot.com/

I titled the cowboy character in pink that wears a "GAY" buckle – "Gay Ranger". I'm usually fine with people using my artwork online, providing they request permission. I also insist that the artwork is properly copyright credited and attributed to me with links to my website such as the example below:

© 2009 Jozef Szekeres
www.elf-fin.deviantart.com/

What is most concerning in this case is that the person who appropriated my art also removed my signature from my piece with dodgy Photoshop (see the pic on this blog post). Here is my original link of the artwork on
Deviant Art so you can compare.

UPDATE: 4/08/09
The offending blogger has removed my artwork from his blog without applogy or comment.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what i never get is why go to all of that trouble and what do they get out of it?

Black Mermaid Productions said...

Sometimes it's just sloppy blogging with no effort made to credit the original artist. Other times they get temporary satisfaction of implying that the art is their creation but the claim is built on a lie which is exposed sooner or later down the line.
J